Main page does not display...

Post any other bugs and typos/grammar issues.

Main page does not display...

Postby Gothos » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:34 pm

When I have the screen at normal magnification, it's like something black completely covers everything. Then I switch to 400% magnificationa dn it lets me see the screen to sign up. Then I tried signing up and it just gives me the circle 'thinking' icon and goes nowhere. The forum link appears to be the only one that goes anywhere, and I didn't think it would actually let me sign in to post, but it seems to know that I'm trying to sign up. I hope that makes sense.
Gothos
Zombie Nerd

Re: Main page does not display...

Postby Taylor » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:43 am

What browser and OS are you using? Were there a lot of people online at the time?
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Gothos » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:09 am

Internet Explorer on a Windows XP PC. I don't know how many people were on at the time, since the page would only display the top tabs and the login/sign up portions when I magnified the screen. I'm not even sure if it shows me as a new user because it won't let me get past that bit of the main page. I thought it might have been how my browser was configured, but I tried on 2 different machines that were also windows xp pcs running internet explorer and I get the same issue.
Gothos
Zombie Nerd

Postby Taylor » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 am

Ah.
Are you using the newest IE? If not, I would suggest upgrading. If so, I would suggest using a different browser. Not just for this site, but in general.

From what I understand, a lot of the time you have to write special code to get sites to work with IE, and I don't have the technical know-how or the time to do that, unfortunately. And even if I did, I wouldn't be able to test it because I have a Mac and they stopped making IE for Mac almost 10 years ago.
Taylor
Site Admin

Return to Other Bugs/Typos