finishing quests

Post any other bugs and typos/grammar issues.

finishing quests

Postby Salen » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:37 pm

so lately when i'm done a quest and head back to the party house i click on enter and nothing happenes......try a couple more times and when i do finally get in i've missed the blue text box....not a huge deal but if people don't know what happens they may get bored? (plus im trying to get the new point system recorded arrgh)

ps plus you can't move once you've clicked, since you're technically inside even though it doesn't show
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Re: finishing quests

Postby Taylor » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:08 pm

It looks like there's a problem with posting the Facebook stories...which is annoying because I definitely tested that multiple times.
I guess this would also explain why so many people have been joining and then quitting after the tutorial...ugh.
I'll take a look at it.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Taylor » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Yeah, so, somehow, even though it was working before, Facebook wasn't asking for the permission to publish stories on your wall when you completed missions, and so when it tried to do it, it just froze up and stopped the page from loading.
And yeah, this is probably what stopped all those people who made it to the end of the tutorial and no further...it just went to a black screen. So damn, that's all that money I spent on FB ads down the drain because I doubt they're going to come back after that.
I guess on the plus side, I can try again now that it works, and maybe the newer new people will actually stick around...

Anyway, when you play through Facebook again, it should ask for the proper permissions. Unfortunately, it won't if you play through pleasantvillebynight.com, so you should login through Facebook at least once (and let me know if it doesn't ask when you do).
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:44 am

yeah well, funny thing...this was all through pbn only, lol..that prolly doesn't help huh? ill try facebook playing again:)
Salen
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Right, but since you've connected your Facebook account, all the Facebook functions are still active, whether you play it through Facebook or not.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:14 am

ok so just did the random acts of violence mission for the slayer in the graveyard. killed her (took a while) and when i went back i couldn't get into the party house again. hit the "game button and it refreshed....but now it says it's still active, and she's not there anymore.

day 2, same thing with a vampire in grveyard. got the 100 favor for completing the quest, but mission still says incomplete, and didn't get any text cause it wouldn't let me into the party house
Salen
Werehippie

Postby Salen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:12 pm

and next day same thing with the extraction quest. got the stuff for it, but wouldn't let me in to the party house. had to hit "ga,e" to refresh it again.
Salen
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I was out of town for my grandfather's funeral.
When you tried to log in through Facebook again (the one at apps.facebook.com, with the Facebook bars on the top and side), did it ask you for permissions again?
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:33 am

yes and i got another donation token. there is no other option to play through facebook, i have to do that everytime...kinda a cheat way to get tokens, don't worry i only did it twice so far :)
Salen
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:58 pm

So it asks for permissions every time? It never just loads the game?
Taylor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Other Bugs/Typos