"participant" in battle

Bugs that should hopefully plague us no longer.

"participant" in battle

Postby Spang11 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Not sure if this fits under the "Error codes" topic as such (maybe not), but in the latest of many attempts at this Beelzebros mission, I just got:

You shake up a can of Bozzcola Diet! and throw it at the witchfinder.
{{fa:participant:12122drop the can on your foot. It explodes, dealing 5 explosive damage.
The hunter nerd attacks you.
He misses.
The witchfinder smites you for 26 light damage!
The hunter nerd attacks you.
He misses.

Dunno if this is related to your new battle display updating code or not, may be more that I don't usually use cola grenades.
Spang11
Pledge

Re: "participant" in battle

Postby Spang11 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Actually adding to this, in the rest of the battle, item use in general seemed somehow glitchy, like either things weren't getting used or the display wasn't updating right or I'm not really sure what. Sorry I can't be more specific ATM, I'll try to keep an eye out and see if I spot anything more.
Spang11
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Sat May 19, 2012 3:18 pm

The Bozzcola Diet! thing was just a typo, not related to the display update code (and is fixed).

"Glitchy" item use might be related though, let me know if you figure out more specifically what's wrong.
Taylor
Site Admin

combat glitchiness (was Re: "participant" in battle)

Postby Spang11 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Well it seems to have been fairly inconsistent or else hard to describe. Since your fixes today, things generally seem to have improved some, but one thing i'm still getting now that I spotted yesterday too, is:
Where we used to be able to keep doing stuff when we hit 0% vitality, but we'd become exhausted and crap, now I find that any action that would cause that no longer works at all, and I never become exhausted any more. OTOH if I try a spell that I can't cast due to vitality, I still lose the MP.

In none of these cases do I get a message like "you can't do that", and in various cases I seem to need to click the "Game" button to refresh certain parts of the display (including in some cases the combat results???). The latter is sorta like the glitchiness I'd seemed to be having with the item use, which I'm not sure I've seen more of, but I *THINK* that had been happening before i reached 0% vitality, not sure.

As I say, some of it seems to have been a bit inconsistent, or else a bit hard for me to get a handle on in clear terms.
Spang11
Pledge

Postby Salen » Sun May 20, 2012 1:19 pm

this could be related to a post i put up about the exhausted function........kind of what i was going for too...have to get myself nice and tired and see what happens LOL!! god i love this game
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Sun May 20, 2012 7:19 pm

There was a problem with everything that applied boosts (which the exhausted condition does), but it should be fixed now.
Taylor
Site Admin

Return to Fixed Issues