fleeing fight gave RPC+logout

Bugs that should hopefully plague us no longer.

fleeing fight gave RPC+logout

Postby Spang11 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:52 pm

About 10 minutes ago or so, was in suburbs of town, facing an imp and 2 nerds. Decided I didn't want to fight them so selected "Run away".
Not sure if I got to *click* "Do it" or not, but got the RPC window:

Exception: exception 'xenos_exception' with message 'array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #1 is not an array' in /home/pleasantville/pleasantvillebynight.com/include/error.php:38
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: _handle_runtime_error(2, 'array_merge() [...', '/home/pleasantv...', 1136, Array)
#1 /home/pleasantville/pleasantvillebynight.com/include/game_if/game_battle_if.php(1136): array_merge('', '')
#2 /home/pleasantville/pleasantvillebynight.com/actions/battle_action.php(181): game_battle_if->get_battle_info()
#3 /home/pleasantville/pleasantvillebynight.com/rpcs/invoke_action.php(25): action_battle_action(Array)
#4 [internal function]: invoke_action('battle_action', Array)
#5 /home/pleasantville/pleasantvillebynight.com/include/user_if/xrpc_server.php(118): call_user_func_array('invoke_action', Array)
#6 /home/pleasantville/pleasantvillebynight.com/rpc.php(89): xrpc_server->handle('["invoke_action...')
#7 {main}

and after i dismissed the window i got kicked back to login screen. (User list claims I'm still online but clicking "Game" tells me I'm not logged in).
I was wielding mini pitchfork and torch, wearing leather jacket and trousers, and have no abilities. Think there were some monsters on my side. Can't remember anything else. Have now successfully logged back in again at least.
Sorry to be keeping you busy today :(
Spang11
Pledge

Re: fleeing fight gave RPC+logout

Postby Spang11 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:01 pm

I just tried going into another battle (against someone else), and fleeing. This time I definitely *did* click "do it", and I got the RPC window again.
This time I didn't get logged out, possibly because I closed it sooner. The message looks identical (same exception, functions, line numbers and so on), but I kept a copy anyway if necessary.
Spang11
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Sat May 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Fixed.
If the error window is up too long, the game will time out and log you out. I could probably adjust the numbers so it takes longer to do that, though.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Spang11 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 pm

yeah after a few times i realised that's why I'd been logged out. I don't see any need to tweak the timeout just for that (though you could argue that it might be worth polling the server less often in general, in case it gets hammered if larger numbers of players start playing)
Spang11
Pledge

Return to Fixed Issues