"Steal" option

Suggestions that have made it into the game.

"Steal" option

Postby sfericz » Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 am

What do you guys think about a Steal option? For those tough guys you want to stand up to, but not intending on sticking around and wants something cool for his trip.

Kinda, Final Fantasy flare 8-)
sfericz
Pledge

Re: "Steal" option

Postby Salen » Wed May 30, 2012 11:02 pm

i like that...maybe if it can't be done all around it could be thrown in like the Seduction is ....maybe for a society that might want to steal things...young ones looting the dead or bro's picking a pocket? would love the steal or sex option for every fight but this is probably harder to code in....just guessing since i know squat about computers
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby sfericz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:37 am

Just have an option to give a random shot at a mid-match drop. Maybe the coding to allow the item to be received during the fight might be difficult.
sfericz
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:50 pm

It wouldn't be too hard. It'd actually be harder to let you steal before battle since creatures don't actually have any items until you fight them.
I could definitely see stealing as being one of the Beelzebro Greed or Envy abilities. I'm also considering rebranding the Followers of the Young Ones as punks rather than just your run-of-the-mill crazy cultists to make them a little more unique, and stealing would definitely fit in with them. I don't know about the Inquisition though, stealing is a sin after all.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:14 pm

love the punks idea! that would so totally fit!
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby sfericz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Rickton wrote:It wouldn't be too hard. It'd actually be harder to let you steal before battle since creatures don't actually have any items until you fight them.
I could definitely see stealing as being one of the Beelzebro Greed or Envy abilities. I'm also considering rebranding the Followers of the Young Ones as punks rather than just your run-of-the-mill crazy cultists to make them a little more unique, and stealing would definitely fit in with them. I don't know about the Inquisition though, stealing is a sin after all.

"Cthulhooligans" i love it! We should have some sort of H.P. Lovecraft item to buy in our shop now. 8-)
sfericz
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Oh dang, I totally forgot that I'd already changed the name when I added the new service...whoops. Wasn't planning on pushing that until next round. The mission texts and kill-favors are still the same, though, guess I need to change those next!
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby sfericz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Actually, the new texts helped. I didn't know my society liked the killing of Vampires. I always tried to steer clear of those. Welp, off to work.
sfericz
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:58 pm

sfericz wrote:Actually, the new texts helped. I didn't know my society liked the killing of Vampires. I always tried to steer clear of those. Welp, off to work.

That's what I mean. The Followers of the Young Ones didn't care about vampires, angels, or demons, but the Cthulhooligans are supposed to. The actual favor counts don't match the text. I'm literally about to head out the door to go to work so I can't fix it right now, but hopefully I'll be able to get to it tonight.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby sfericz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:15 am

It's ok. No rush since i'm the only member anyways. I'm excited about next round though.
sfericz
Pledge

Next

Return to Implemented