"Steal" option

Suggestions that have made it into the game.

Re: "Steal" option

Postby Taylor » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:26 am

OK, the favor you get should match what the society text says it should be. Let me know if you come across anything that doesn't make sense (the mission texts are all still the old ones, though).
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Spang11 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:17 pm

re the altered favours for Chthulhuligigiuligooligans, it does seem now that with many demons I get even more favour with the Ch.s than with the Inq. for killing them. It seems as though it's gone from them rarely being interested at all unless you kill life (+) or attack the mad (-), to them being pleased by fighting practically anything that isn't crazy or abominable. Perhaps it just seems that way because I'm used to the old behaviour, though.

Re the new name, I must admit I was a teensy bit disappointed, I'd already pondered naming myself Vyvyan to join them... (ok or Neil as I am a bit of a long-haired hippy lol). It's quite good though :)
Spang11
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:58 pm

They also don't like you to fight undead (except vampires), and they no longer give you favor for killing random humans (but you don't lose any, either). It could be that it's too easy to gain favor now, though, maybe demons and angels should only give 1 favor.
Demons should be giving 2 favor for Inq. members though, do you remember which ones didn't?
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Spang11 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Ok sorry maybe "many" was a stretch in retrospect- I know that happened on a hellhound at least :D I thought I saw it on a posessed trash can but all I remember for sure now is that I got favour from both societies. It's often hard to keep track as most fights have multiple opponents. It just seemed a bit frustrating that now they seem to have strong opinions on just about every supernatural thingy.

Ok I just logged back in and found a lone imp- he did as you said and gave 2 favour from both Inq. and Ch., and -2 from Beelz; likewise a lone Cherub was +2 for Beelz and Ch, and -2 from Inq.; in any case, in the course of doing so I've gained +4 with Ch and everybody else is back where they started. Fighting a zombie dog does bring that back down again (+1 Inq, -1 Ch) but the figures are much smaller. I suppose the thing is more that amongst the common cannon fodder, there seem to be more major boosts to Ch favour than penalties. Perhaps there should be say, medium undead around town? Sure there's zombie dogs and zombie nerds, on a par with the other dogs and nerds, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to cherubs and imps and dustbins and vigilantes. Oh! Ok, there's sludges. And drunks seemed to be for a little bit, but then seemed not to again o_O Alternatively your suggestion that Ch. could get only 1 favour from minor demons and cherubs etc might be good too. I do think it's good that they get something for many of the supernatural things but it seems like they should be more important to the other 2 sides instead.

So in summary, damned if I know how to balance it :D And I may have been mistaken about other demons giving less favour to the Inq. than to the Chs.
Spang11
Pledge

Previous

Return to Implemented