Colour-coding actions

Suggestions that have made it into the game.

Colour-coding actions

Postby Spang11 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Just a quickie here: when you're in places like the Shopping Centre for instance, you've got a bunch of shops you could enter, and often a squillion monsters you could fight. All these actions are currently white text on medium-grey backgrounds. Likewise in places like the Community Centre there's a bunch of different actions you could do in there, or leave the building. In areas like the uni, graveyard, or park, there's exit routes.

Well I've long thought it'd be quite good if at least some of these (the most obvious choice would be attack actions, but maybe all of them) could be colour-coded so they stand out a bit better. (I wouldn't suggest giving attacks different colours to each other based on alignment, as that might make it much too easy, but maybe others would disagree :) )

Anyway thought I ought to mention that one while I remembered, as it's probably not too difficult to code (I may be wrong, hope not!)
Spang11
Pledge

Re: Colour-coding actions

Postby Taylor » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:44 am

I think the code's already in for icons in the action links, I'll have to take a look at it. Color-coding is a good idea too, but I can't really think of any colors that are intuitive for that besides red meaning attack.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Taylor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:08 pm

I didn't color-code the boxes, but there are now icons for most things.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby julionics » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:13 pm

it looks amazing.... it makes it a little harder to accidentally hit the monster you didnt want to fight at that time.
julionics
Werehippie

Postby Salen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 pm

very cool love the $ lol
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Return to Implemented