Player map position

Suggestions that have made it into the game.

Player map position

Postby sfericz » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 am

I was roaming around the city trying to find julionics so I could get my butt whooped in some PvP. But I couldn't find him. I know it would easy to just message him and ask where he is, but what if I wanted to surprise him? Is it possible to put the players position on his profile page? Or maybe even on the map pop-up have a little Player icon that you can hover over to see who it is.
sfericz
Pledge

Re: Player map position

Postby Spang11 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Interesting idea! Might make it a bit more engaging somehow to have a sense of where other people are. Personally I quite like being able to sneak about largely undetected though (I know you can see other players when they're in the same square as you). If it were shown on the map, perhaps it could be limited to squares quite close-by? Or perhaps detecting specific players from anywhere could be some sort of society-neutral spell so there's a slight barrier to use? (I think Rickton was talking about implementing some of these). But I don't think I mind all that much either way really, so don't mind me! :)
Spang11
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Hm, you should definitely be able to tell if someone's in one of the squares next to you, at least. Being able to track someone from across the map (or even onto another map) seems more in line with a special spell or item.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:41 pm

OOOHHHHH BOUNTY DEVICE!!!!!!! sorry that just popped out:)
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Return to Implemented