Fewer items after reset (formerly: another thought)

Suggestions that have made it into the game.

Fewer items after reset (formerly: another thought)

Postby Salen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 am

Rickton wrote:Changes this round: - You got to keep your items and money.

ok after going through the round and seeing the massive equipment i've picked up i have a slightly new spin idea on this. The trophy case is there for us to use and i've been putting like 1 of every item i find in there (sometimes 2) and it occured to me that maybe we should only keep what we actively have in our storage cases. now i know, we can just dump everything in there, but what if it only held so much? say like 40 items (this would include ammo so 100 shells would count as 1 item) and then if you wanted to store more you could purchase more space with donations tokens?
as for the money, there could be a bank of some kind that we could stash it in (for a small fee, unless we owned a bank card that costs donation tokens that would wave all bank storage fees...but i digress) and would then roll over every round.

i only mention this because i now have a ton of stuff that i would rather get every round (like recipe ingredients) and if i wanted them that badly, well i would put them in my case:)

just another idea to toss around for you

put this up in announcements, but moved it here in case no one saw it since it was an old forum :oops:
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Re: Fewer items after reset (formerly: another thought)

Postby Taylor » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:29 pm

I've pretty much decided to limit the amount of items you can bring across. The question is, what would be a good number? I was thinking 10 item types (probably an unlimited number of the actual item, so if you wanted to bring across 100 shells or duck eggs or whatever that'd just count as 1 item, but because weapons are sorted individually, one weapon would count as one item).
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:34 am

i like it, we could keep our favorite weapons, and ammo would count as 1 no matter how much we had......awesome!! would we have to put them in the case? and reset safe (donation bought) items would be separate correct?
Salen
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:46 am

Reset safe items will be carried over automatically, and it'll be separate from the display case.
The display cases themselves are desperately in need of some attention though.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm

ok. i put everything to be carried over in my case. 10 items, plus the reset safe items. see how that is and we can start weeding out or adding numbers depending on how you like it:)
Salen
Werehippie

Postby babylonhoruv » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:56 am

Does money need to be put in the display case in ordr to be reset safe?
babylonhoruv
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 pm

I guess I didn't word it clearly enough, you don't have to put the stuff in the display case. There'll be a menu that pops up after the tutorial asking you what you want to keep.

EDIT: Your money will become an item "Check for $(however much money you had)," which counts as one of the items you can take.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 pm

oh nice!!! very cool!
Salen
Werehippie

Return to Implemented