Pleasantville Wiki

General chat and banter about Pleasantville by Night

Pleasantville Wiki

Postby crashnburn11 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:46 am

The wiki is still up. It was mentioned to me that sign ups were closed, which yeah I closed them a few months ago when it was only spammers signing up. If anyone wants to sign up they are again available.

If anyone has experience editing a wiki, contact me and I will give you admin rights. This will allow your power to get rid of people who are spamming or won't edit properly.

If you are going to create and entry, I recommend creating a template for the type of entry if one does not exist. Using these templates will bring in some uniformity, as well as allowing for quick changes on the fly, and quicker additions. The only template I created was one for items, and it was still a work in progress. You can see both the template, and a test item (HERB) on the wiki.

If you have any questions, pm me on here, facebook, KoL (snakyjakey), or email me. If you need my email send me a pm and I will give it to you.

There should be no worries about the site going away unless the game does. It is piggy backed on a hosting account for another website I am working on, and isn't costing me anything extra sans the few dollars a year for the domain registration. I don't plan on ever adding advertising to it, solely because of bad experiences I have seen with other wikis advertisments and viruses. (ssw, kol, etc)

-crash

ps: I am still working on trying to figure out how to greasemonkey this game. Not being trained in javascript, it takes me time to figure things out.

http://www.pleasantvillewiki.com
crashnburn11
Werehippie

Re: Pleasantville Wiki

Postby Salen » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:10 pm

awesome, and thanks again guy for this! i'll have to look up that herb....started a recipe page here http://pleasantvillewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Recipes_by_Night but don't have anything in it yet. excited to start though:)
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby crashnburn11 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 am

I made a quick recipe template, please use it while you guys work. Just add this to the bottom of the resulting item page:
Code: Select all
{{Recipe|
method=combine|
item1=[[item_1]]|
item2=[[item_2]]|
item3=[[item_3]]|
result=[[resulting_item]]}}

This will add up to 3 items at the moment. If you only want 2 items, just remove the entire item3 line. I will work on expanding it to 5 items as the game limits you when I get a minute.
crashnburn11
Werehippie

Postby Carrec » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 am

Thanks!
Carrec
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:39 pm

I go out of town and come back and there's a wiki...very cool.

crashnburn11 wrote:ps: I am still working on trying to figure out how to greasemonkey this game. Not being trained in javascript, it takes me time to figure things out.

I don't really know anything about greasemonkey, but I have a feeling it might be kind of difficult to capture the output since there are no actual page loads. If you have any questions though I'd be happy to answer them.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby crashnburn11 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:48 am

That is the problem I was running into Rick. I thought I might be able to trigger it on other things, but it seems to be rather finicky to get working. I personally was hoping to get a hotkey script and healing script working, and other people have asked me for other things too.
crashnburn11
Werehippie

Postby crashnburn11 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:33 am

I made Location and Monster templates. These will allow you to easily make pages for them. See the industrial district sample I made for how to code these. If you have any issues let me know.

Also, I added a capcha function to new user account creation and page creation. Admins should not have to deal with this, but regular users will. This should help us cut down on spam accounts. Depending on the effectiveness of this, I may change to a more hard capcha. I don't want it to get any more annoying than necessary, as I personally hate those screwed up images, Right now it is a simple math problem like the answer to 2+5.

Crash
crashnburn11
Werehippie

Postby crashnburn11 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:02 pm

yup okay, easy capcha too easy, I'll put the harder one on tonight
crashnburn11
Werehippie

Postby Salen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 pm

crashnburn11 wrote:I made Location and Monster templates. These will allow you to easily make pages for them. See the industrial district sample I made for how to code these. If you have any issues let me know.

Awesome!!! just what i was looking for:) thanks guy. Now with images i'm kinda lost....check out the page on Dorms and see what i did. don't know where images come from so i just put in the name. do they have to be uploaded? also where did you get the society info for favor gain?
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby crashnburn11 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Images get uploaded via the upload file link on the left bar from the main page. Just save the image from the game to your computer and then upload it there. The name of the image goes in the spot.

Society info came from the results of a battle with just that monster. I basically used my hastfur ball to remove any other monsters that joined the battle and then won, recording the effects on my alignment.
crashnburn11
Werehippie

Next

Return to Central Square