Balance Issues

General chat and banter about Pleasantville by Night

Balance Issues

Postby Taylor » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:34 am

Is it harder/easier to gain favor as one society vs. the others? (aside from the Weirdfellows of course)
Are there any spells that seem either too good or completely worthless?
Any creatures that are too strong/weak for their area? (Aside from the difficulty gap between the college and the park, I'll have an area next round that fits in there)
Any weapons that are too strong/weak for where they're found? (Besides guns in general. Already planning on tweaking the existing guns and adding some new higher-end ones)
Taylor
Site Admin
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: Balance Issues

Postby Salen » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:55 am

might need a few more angelic type beings....it was good to get drunk and beat the crap out of things but maybe a couple more cherub like entities or maybe some nuns? i would love to trash nuns.

also, the seduction ability is cool, but only seems to work on normal beings...at least when i tried them. maybe it could work on the monsters too> i love me some demon flesh, and the oversexed vampire was making eyes at me:)

as for the monsters...that freakin crocodile is massive!! just sayin

for weapons...maybe the hatchet could be a little harder to find. and the cost for sending people things could go up a bit and i wouldn't mind. i sent alot of things to people and it didn't really cost me much. maybe say 1000 bucks to ship it to them and 500 for them to pick it up? or possibly making the post office only open to people that have a pass? (donate and get your post office pass today!) and send three things to three people three times a day (now what would we call that..........LOL!!)

ok i think i'm done, sorry if i babble but this is really exciting for me to help when i have no idea about programing and stuff:)
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Balance Issues

Postby crashnburn11 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 am

I seem to mostly always gain Young One favor when I am also gaining Bro favor, but I think that may be because I kill everything dead

I don't gain much inquisition favor, but I think that is because I stay away from my bro demons
crashnburn11
Werehippie
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:45 am

Re: Balance Issues

Postby Taylor » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Salen wrote:might need a few more angelic type beings....it was good to get drunk and beat the crap out of things but maybe a couple more cherub like entities or maybe some nuns? i would love to trash nuns.

I can't believe I forgot about nuns.

Salen wrote:also, the seduction ability is cool, but only seems to work on normal beings...at least when i tried them. maybe it could work on the monsters too> i love me some demon flesh, and the oversexed vampire was making eyes at me:)

Yeah there's no reason it shouldn't work on demons or vampires. I'd just set it to work on humans because I didn't want it to work on dogs or zombies...

Salen wrote:as for the monsters...that freakin crocodile is massive!! just sayin

It's the most powerful creature in the game. :)

Salen wrote:ok i think i'm done, sorry if i babble but this is really exciting for me to help when i have no idea about programing and stuff:)

Not at all, I did ask for it!

crashnburn11 wrote:I seem to mostly always gain Young One favor when I am also gaining Bro favor, but I think that may be because I kill everything dead

I don't gain much inquisition favor, but I think that is because I stay away from my bro demons

The Inquisition also don't like you to kill people, so that probably doesn't help.
Taylor
Site Admin
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: Balance Issues

Postby sfericz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:33 am

When I attack a Beelzebros Pledge i Gain 1 for The Followers of the Young Ones' and lose one for the for the Inquisition. I think it should be +2 for both apposing societies and -2 for the Beelzebros. Are they're other creatures to represent the other societies?
sfericz
Pledge
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 3:21 am

Re: Balance Issues

Postby Taylor » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:52 pm

You should lose favor with the Bros for attacking the pledge. The reason you lose favor with the Inquisition is because you killed him and they don't like killing people. If you'd just knocked him out you would have gained favor.
Taylor
Site Admin
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:17 pm


Return to Central Square

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron