Medikit strength

Having trouble figuring out how things work, stuck on a certain quest, or just keep getting beaten up by vampire nerds? Ask for help here.
Imporant: This is not the forum for bug reports, please use the bug report forums below.

Medikit strength

Postby Spang11 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Do the different sizes of medikit ACTUALLY heal different amounts? I can see there's a random factor at play which might be misleading me, but even still they seem to all heal about the same generally. If there is a difference it seems pretty marginal, considering the prices, although I recognise that may be intentional.
Spang11
Pledge

Re: Medikit strength

Postby Taylor » Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 pm

They heal a percentage of your HP (unlike food and drinks which heal a set amount), so at low levels there will be less of a noticeable difference.
Smalls heal 1/5, Mediums 1/4, and Larges 1/3.
Looking at those numbers now, though, I feel like that's not enough of a difference.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Spang11 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:47 pm

I don't think that ever occured to me! I presume you mean a %age of your max HP here BTW. But the healing amounts still seem to vary from turn to turn, implying a random factor (but that also seems to apply to food and drink). In any case, ~23HP for a large kit at 95MaxHP seems a bit far off of 33%, especially when a small seems to yield from 17 up to 21HP.

Do you also mean to say that the First Aid skill has no effect on the healing amounts? I'd been assuming I was healing much more now than when I started because the skill had gone up, but it's sounding like it's just because my HP has.
Spang11
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Wed May 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Right, max HP, not current HP. And yes, it's also affected by first aid skill (and intelligence, a little bit).
Were you using it in battle? I just checked it and apparently in battle it tends towards a lower number, which I thought I had gotten rid of but I guess not.
Seems these are due for some changes.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Spang11 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:34 pm

yeah now you mention it I was. I do use them outside of battle too sometimes, but not as much.

Thanks for the info, and good luck finding a good balance for your changes :)
Spang11
Pledge

Postby Salen » Wed May 30, 2012 10:58 pm

yeah been uping my first aid skill and noticing a nice change, though it is harder to get it up there now:)
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Return to Help and Support