Sloooooow

Having trouble figuring out how things work, stuck on a certain quest, or just keep getting beaten up by vampire nerds? Ask for help here.
Imporant: This is not the forum for bug reports, please use the bug report forums below.

Sloooooow

Postby babylonhoruv » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:41 am

The game is running super slow, popping RPC errors regularly, and glitching by showing 3 copies of the screen. For me and Wyldkat both, is everyone else getting a really slow game?

I am guessing that is related to the double infusion number that came up and now seems to be being factored in for control percentages.
babylonhoruv
Werehippie

Re: Sloooooow

Postby Taylor » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:57 am

The double infusion number is because of DST screwing up when rollover happened. Things have been slow for a while it seems like, and I tried giving the server more memory but it didn't seem to help. Next week, once I actually have a full day free, I'm going to look into some new options for hosting and see if they're any faster.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:19 pm

slow, you mean the game goes faster than this? LOL! yeah mine is always like this...was alot worse way back
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:38 pm

So I've got a test server running at http://192.155.93.244/. It runs a ton faster for me. Like, even faster than the copy I have running on my home computer.
But it's also in Atlanta, where I am. That shouldn't make that big a difference, but how's it run for everyone else?

(Even though it looks almost identical, it's actually using a copy of the database, so anything you do there won't be reflected on the main site).
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:57 am

super fast! this...yes please!! woot!!!
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby julionics » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:18 am

so I have played around on both servers... really like the speed on the new one. Was really getting frustrated with the one we are on now as it is so slow. Got caught in a battle the other day and waited about 10 min before saying eff this and just shut off the computer.
julionics
Werehippie

Postby crashnburn11 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:31 am

That is a significant improvement over any point I have played the game so far
crashnburn11
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:40 am

Yeah, I'll be switching it over at the end of the round...
I could switch it over before then if things are that bad, but there'd be some downtime.
Taylor
Site Admin

Return to Help and Support