Society of Weirdfellows

Having trouble figuring out how things work, stuck on a certain quest, or just keep getting beaten up by vampire nerds? Ask for help here.
Imporant: This is not the forum for bug reports, please use the bug report forums below.

Society of Weirdfellows

Postby najaraha » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:57 am

So I'm trying out a toon going with Society of Weirdfellows, but I'm having some trouble. I think there may be a balance issue with the rep mobs give when defeated. When first starting off angels and cherubs would "join the fight" causing me to lose a good bit of inquisitor favor. After spending some time farming to fix my favor, my 'hooligan rep towered over my other 2 making me lose Weirdfellow membership. I've been trying to level them out for a few hours now, but I just can't keep the 'hooligan rep close to the others. I was thinking maybe the mobs that give 'hooligan rep (angels, hunters etc) attack/"join the fight" too often, or too many mobs give 'hooligan rep. Not sure either way, but this new character is already level 21 and hasn't learned infuse yet.
najaraha
Hellhound

Re: Society of Weirdfellows

Postby Salen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:11 am

was unaware that the mobs joining you affected favor, always thought it was only those you defeated. balancing is hard but ive done it once all the way to 1,500 each society....thats my next stop i think is weirdfellows next round LOL
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby najaraha » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:53 am

Yeah, if it was just pick and chose mob it would be no problem. Added mobs + getting in fight when switching squares has my Inq. rep at 40 and my 'holigan rep at 150. This is after about 2 hours grinding mobs trying to fix.
najaraha
Hellhound

Postby Taylor » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Yeah, there's a bit of a problem. Demons and Angels both give Cthulhooligan favor, so if you're trying to lower or raise Inquisition or Bros, either way you'll probably also be raising Cthulhooligans.
The streets are also a pretty hard place to control what you fight since there are generally more monsters there than at other places, so you could try favor farming in other places.
I think I'm going to put in other types of "repellants" (like the zombie repellant), to make it easier to control who you'll be fighting.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby najaraha » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:39 pm

Do items like the hippy peace necklace and urban camo vest reduce the adds you would get when starting a fight?
najaraha
Hellhound

Postby Salen » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:40 am

peace necklace makes you immune to pvp, unless you accept a chalenge
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby najaraha » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:02 am

What the - 5% battle chance stat do?
najaraha
Hellhound

Postby Taylor » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Makes you less likely to get attacked when walking around. Doesn't influence the chance of other things joining in, though.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby blueraja » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:07 am

Something else I just realized. You can use the PBN cards to fight exactly what you need for rep. Always forget about those things.
blueraja
Hellhound

Postby Taylor » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 pm

There are now craft recipes to let you make repellents for aliens, angels and demons. You can only have one repellent active at a time, though.
Taylor
Site Admin

Return to Help and Support