Recipe Suggestions

Have an idea that you think would improve the game? Post it here!

Re: Recipe Suggestions

Postby Taylor » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Salen wrote:holy water +demons blood = unholy water
potion of remove curse + petrie dish of bacterial samples = potion of remove plauge
bottle or rum + bottle of hellishly hot sauce = bottle of Hot Damn
just some random thoughts

Just added these ones. Will be adding some of the others from the thread later.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:21 am

NICE! thanks guy
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby Salen » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 pm

ok think i found an oops...maybe. it gives me a new recipe for a spicey bloody mary but lists three ingrediants. but i only have two slots to make stuff. i know that if i click it it will automatically make it but, shouldn't it be a hellishly hot sauce+ bloody mary. thus making you create one then have it in your inventory first to trigger the second recipe? just wondering. and if the recipes automatically show up why do we have the experimentaion bars? unless the weapons don't show up (the nailbat didn't when i bought the stuff, just the other things so far. just thought i'd check
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby sfericz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Can you make an option to combine small medkits to make a medium medkit, medium to large, etc..?
sfericz
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Salen wrote:ok think i found an oops...maybe. it gives me a new recipe for a spicey bloody mary but lists three ingrediants. but i only have two slots to make stuff. i know that if i click it it will automatically make it but, shouldn't it be a hellishly hot sauce+ bloody mary. thus making you create one then have it in your inventory first to trigger the second recipe? just wondering. and if the recipes automatically show up why do we have the experimentaion bars? unless the weapons don't show up (the nailbat didn't when i bought the stuff, just the other things so far. just thought i'd check

Sorry, thought I'd already responded to this...you can craft things out of more than 2 items by clicking the + sign next to the bars.
The recipes show up automatically if your crafting level is higher than the recipe's "difficulty," but you can make it with the bars if you know how. Right now though, all the recipes are at pretty low difficulties.

sfericz wrote:Can you make an option to combine small medkits to make a medium medkit, medium to large, etc..?

Sure. Two smalls heal more than a medium, but I guess you'd want this so you could use them in battle more easily?
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby sfericz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Yeah for battles, you stockpile a lot of smalls once you get into the second mission. Then a lot of mediums once in the graveyard.
sfericz
Pledge

Postby Spang11 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:52 am

Interesting, just noticed those new medikit recipes today when I did a bit of crafting, and I could certainly see the use, but then I wasn't certain how to actually do it:
1 Small Medikit+1 Small Medikit, tells me "you can see these could be combined but the numbers seem to be wrong", or such.
So I tried
2 Small Medikits + nothing (0x"Choose an item" or 1x"Choose an item"), which tells me "NOT ENOUGH ITEMS". So I can't see how this is doable? I didn't try either of the recipes for large medikits, as they sounded extra expensive, so for all I know those ones might work.

I also tried clicking the "+" sign mentioned earlier, out of interest, but it didn't seem to do anything (perhaps that depends on skill level too?). If that does work, and multiple items of the same kind can be combined, perhaps there ought to also be a "-" button to remove lines too (there probably ought to be one anyway, in case someone produces an extra item line and decides they didn't need it)
Spang11
Pledge

Postby Taylor » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Spang11 wrote:Interesting, just noticed those new medikit recipes today when I did a bit of crafting, and I could certainly see the use, but then I wasn't certain how to actually do it:
1 Small Medikit+1 Small Medikit, tells me "you can see these could be combined but the numbers seem to be wrong", or such.
So I tried
2 Small Medikits + nothing (0x"Choose an item" or 1x"Choose an item"), which tells me "NOT ENOUGH ITEMS". So I can't see how this is doable? I didn't try either of the recipes for large medikits, as they sounded extra expensive, so for all I know those ones might work.

Ah, OK. I'd only tested it with the auto-craft links, not with the dropdowns. With the dropdowns, it was set to not let you craft with only one type of item, I've taken that out and they work now.

Spang11 wrote:I also tried clicking the "+" sign mentioned earlier, out of interest, but it didn't seem to do anything (perhaps that depends on skill level too?). If that does work, and multiple items of the same kind can be combined, perhaps there ought to also be a "-" button to remove lines too (there probably ought to be one anyway, in case someone produces an extra item line and decides they didn't need it)

Any extra item lines that are left on "select an item" are ignored.
I just tried it and it worked...could be that it's too small and you misclicked? I've changed it to a text link so that it's more clear what it does and so it's easier to see/click.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Spang11 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Rickton wrote:Ah, OK. I'd only tested it with the auto-craft links, not with the dropdowns. With the dropdowns, it was set to not let you craft with only one type of item, I've taken that out and they work now.

Ok, I just managed to get it to work with the single-line version at least. (2 lines of 1 item each still doesn't work, but if I know one version works that's ok by me)

Rickton wrote:Any extra item lines that are left on "select an item" are ignored.
I just tried it and it worked...could be that it's too small and you misclicked? I've changed it to a text link so that it's more clear what it does and so it's easier to see/click.

Well I did try several times, and could see my cursor was over the link, because the cursor changes. I just tried it again now with the new text, and it still does nothing. I note that the auto-craft links you menioned (Which seem to work fine), the URL is a javascript.invokeAction call, whereas the add items link shows as a # type URL. I don't know if there's any significance in that whatsoever, I'm not a Javascript guy myself Perhaps it's browser-specific behaviour, in any case. At least it's not a game-breaker, for numerous reasons.
Spang11
Pledge

Postby Comrade Vanderov » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Leather Jacket + Demon's wing = Hells Angels Jacket
Comrade Vanderov
Zombie Nerd

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions