Unarmed Vitality

Have an idea that you think would improve the game? Post it here!

Unarmed Vitality

Postby Carrec » Wed May 30, 2012 11:40 am

With attacks costing just .5% vitality and the gloves that add 15 damage, Unarmed seems a bit overpowered at higher stats.

Example:
You swing at the skeleton warrior.
It blocks 87 damage with its rusty buckler.
You hit it for 113 bludgeoning damage.

Against most of the other enemies in the graveyard I hit for 70+ damage.

For the sake of balance it may make sense to make unarmed attacks cost a bit more vitality.
Carrec
Werehippie

Re: Unarmed Vitality

Postby Taylor » Wed May 30, 2012 2:50 pm

How hard was it to used unarmed when you were just starting out? The problem is trying to balance it so it's not completely underpowered at the beginning but not overpowered at the end.
Unarmed's damage is based both on your Strength and your unarmed skill (weaponry's damage is strength-based only, plus weapons have damage caps and unarmed doesn't). Based on what your skill is now, you'd do about 12 less damage if I made it strength-only, which seems about in line with the damage that the graveyard weapons are supposed to do.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Carrec » Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 pm

It was a bit tough in the beginning, but once I got the gloves it got much easier. Maybe a damage cap, or making the damage strength-based only could balance things a bit.
Carrec
Werehippie

Postby Salen » Wed May 30, 2012 11:06 pm

problem is range isn't a factor, and that is what usually helps with the damage numbers....and holy crap that is some damage!!! next round gonna try me some monk stuff me thinks LOL!! maybe once you hit a certain percentage (again i don't know code) you could make the progression wicked slow. for instance. once a player hits 30 skill the damage only increases by 1 point every skill level. you just have learned all you can by punching someone.
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby sfericz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:19 am

Could vitality be increased a little? Or more powerful drinks to restore vitality, like half vitality restore in the compassionate care clinc.

I'm going through my 24 hr vitality soak in 30 mins. I have some catching up to do. :geek:
sfericz
Pledge

Return to Suggestions