Fast Travel?

Have an idea that you think would improve the game? Post it here!

Fast Travel?

Postby Taylor » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Would a "fast-travel" to designated points of interest be appreciated? For example, if you're near the Miskatonic Library and you want to get to the Crypts, that's a lot of clicking and waiting for the page to load. I could implement a menu to quickly take you to points of interest (that you've previously visited) to get you there in just one step. You'd still have to wander around to fight, and you'd only be able to do it when you're on the city map (no easy escape from mazes/the mansion). Would this be something worth implementing?
Taylor
Site Admin

Re: Fast Travel?

Postby Salen » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 pm

actually sounds good, like the old warp jumps...maybe it would cost something? like travel tokens? maybe another side quest to get travel tokens? trying to think of a good horror based warp hole movie to reference something but drawing a blank here.....well you get the jist:)
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Postby julionics » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:30 am

Salen wrote:actually sounds good, like the old warp jumps...maybe it would cost something? like travel tokens? maybe another side quest to get travel tokens? trying to think of a good horror based warp hole movie to reference something but drawing a blank here.....well you get the jist:)

Maybe it is travel through a TV... They're here!!!!
julionics
Werehippie

Postby babylonhoruv » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:58 am

Travel tokens would be good, it should certainly cost something. I'd also like to see PVP made nonoptional for those that can infuse because that would make fast travel more than just a convenience.
babylonhoruv
Werehippie

Postby Salen » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:46 pm

babylonhoruv wrote:Travel tokens would be good, it should certainly cost something. I'd also like to see PVP made nonoptional for those that can infuse because that would make fast travel more than just a convenience.

YES!!!! especially since you can't put runes away in storage, you have to carry them, so you really risk it by building up and getting caught with your pants down. that would rock! unfortunately if it was non-optional you may be limited to just your weapons as a computer simulation like ssw. the program just runs a best case senario and spits the battle out for you and you're in the hospital. maybe it could take into account the conditions you have at least....
Salen
Werehippie

Postby babylonhoruv » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Salen wrote:
babylonhoruv wrote:Travel tokens would be good, it should certainly cost something. I'd also like to see PVP made nonoptional for those that can infuse because that would make fast travel more than just a convenience.

YES!!!! especially since you can't put runes away in storage, you have to carry them, so you really risk it by building up and getting caught with your pants down. that would rock! unfortunately if it was non-optional you may be limited to just your weapons as a computer simulation like ssw. the program just runs a best case senario and spits the battle out for you and you're in the hospital. maybe it could take into account the conditions you have at least....

I don't know how difficult it would be to set up, but a combat macro could get the best of both worlds. So that, for instance, I could set it to do dark summoning three times, then call of the young ones, then bash away with weapons.
babylonhoruv
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:10 am

Setting up a dedicated combat macro would probably be kind of a pain in the ass. I could probably get it working so that it uses the creature AI to make decisions...but that might not be that great of an idea since the creature AI can be pretty dumb sometimes.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 pm

if you want to try the creature AI we could always test it...not like a ton of people pvp right now so it might not break too much
Salen
Werehippie

Postby julionics » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 am

Salen wrote:if you want to try the creature AI we could always test it...not like a ton of people pvp right now so it might not break too much

I am willing to "let my ass hang out and get the crap kicked out of me" for the test portion of this if it would help.

Could make it if you dont want to be left "floating" then you go to your society home and hang there.
julionics
Werehippie

Postby babylonhoruv » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:27 am

I think after you get your ass kicked in PVP you should go to the hospital, just like any other fight, that way if you do log out in the open you aren't just a pinata.
babylonhoruv
Werehippie

Next

Return to Suggestions