some things i've noticed

Have an idea that you think would improve the game? Post it here!

some things i've noticed

Postby Salen » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:56 pm

1) it's easier to use melee weapons cause i don't have to spend money on ammo, and it's the same damage really, the fedora makes the guns awesome....but i can't afford to keep buying ammo

2) guns drop almost more than ammo, or at least the 9mm's do, if the ammo dropped more than it would make me want to whomp nuns more for the ammo so i don't have to buy them.

3) the third mission for the cthulhooligans is TOUGH! i thought the sewer brewery one was hard for the bro's...but this one takes the cake! i need to raise my agility so i can wear the gear that will help protect me in that fight, but i just can't get it high enough, fast enough. does using certain weapons raise agility? if not could we go this route? say, melee weapons help increase strength, and firearms help raise agility, and unarmed helps raise dodging, then you might have people try different weapon groups instead of just keeping the same weapons all the time (just a thought)

and lastly 4) this isn't something i noticed but a let everyone know thing. lately on google+ i've started putting up the Pleasantville by night site, but then throwing in what's trending along with it so that it shows up in the trending section; just thought i'd try some sly marketing:)
[*]Everything must burn[*]
Salen
Werehippie

Re: some things i've noticed

Postby Taylor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:39 pm

1) Before I make them cheaper or do more damage, I'll address number 2 and see if it fixes anything.

2) Actually, you're right, the 9mm guns probably did drop more often than the ammo, at least from the nuns. Both had the same % chance to drop, but the nuns could drop 2 guns and only 1 ammo. I've upped the drop rate and made them able to drop more, and done the same for other ammos.

3) The Cthulhooligan boss is actually a little weaker than the brewer since you have to defeat the two guys before hand, but I guess not weak enough (and the fact she does bio damage, which is blocked by less armor than physical damage). I'll nerf her a little.
Melee weapons raise either strength or agility (more likely to raise strength), firearms raise perception and unarmed raises strength or agility (equal chance for either). They don't raise it by much though, only 1 per attack.
I've kind of been thinking about rather than the game giving you XP for specific stats at the end of fights, it'll just give you a bunch of generic XP which you can use to raise whatever stats you want? That might make things more complicated though.

4) Heh, cool.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby crashnburn11 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I thought the bosses needed to be harder. I beat all the missions within 5-6 battles of getting enough favor to lean bro, so maybe 20-25 battles total up to that point. It didn't help that I had all the ingredients for the drugs already
crashnburn11
Werehippie

Postby Salen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 am

also, could there be a possibility of another type of redneck? i've been trying to get the porta-still but im going on three days without fighting a redneck cereal killer, they just don't pop up:) maybe a hill have eyes type? or a wrong turn type?
Salen
Werehippie

Postby crashnburn11 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:15 am

I can totally picture in my mind a redneck vampire
crashnburn11
Werehippie

Postby Taylor » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:42 pm

I was thinking a redneck preacher (so there'd be someone in there the Inquisition wouldn't like you to fight), but a redneck vampire is pretty funny.
Taylor
Site Admin

Postby Salen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:15 pm

HA! yeah those rock! "Cletus, lets suck some blood!" lol!
Salen
Werehippie

Postby Salen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:28 pm

on the sunject of rednecks...i just noticed that the yellow "Room" in the maize maze doesn't ever have anyone hanging out on it. is that because of the gardener? cause i can totally see rednecks hanging out , especially malakai :)
Salen
Werehippie

Return to Suggestions